How to know if you need to complete the Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2)
If you have the "Texas Success Initiative College Readiness Requirements" Checklist on your pre-enrollment To-do List in the Student Center, you have to be placed into core courses one of two ways.
- Have an approved exemption (reason) for not taking Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2); or
- Take the Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2)
Not all new students are required to complete the Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2). Several exemptions are available to students who meet certain criteria. Exemptions for students usually fall into one of the categories below.
If you meet any of the exemption requirements listed below, please upload your test scores, transcripts or supporting document in your Student Center by:
- Visiting myeagle.hccs.edu.
- Selecting "Student Sign In."
- Selecting "Checklist" box/tile to complete "Texas Success Initiative (TSI) College Readiness Requirements" To-do List on the Onboarding and Pre-enrollment Checklist.
- Select the Upload Button.
- Upload test score, transcripts or supporting document.
TSI Placement Exemptions
|Before: February 15, 2023
||After: February 15, 2023
- If exempt - Send official test scores from CollegeBoard.org or previous institution to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If not exempt, receive authorization from Academic Advisor to take the assessment.
- The TSI Placement Exam does not prevent enrollment. See developmental courses below.
- Scores have expiration dates.
Possible Developmental Courses
|Reading and Writing||Stand Alone Options|
|INRW 0300 & ENGL 1301||Composition I||INRW 0100 & INRW 0410|
|INRW 0301 & HIST 1301||United States History I||INRW 0410|
|INRW 0302 & HUMA 1301||Introduction to Humanities||INRW 0420|
|INRW 0303 & SOCI 1301||Introduction to Sociology|
|Mathematics||Stand Alone Options|
|MATH 0324 & MATH 1324||Math for Business & Social Sci.||MATH 0106 Basic Mathematics|
|MATH 0332 & MATH 1332||Contemporary Mathematics||MATH 0324P Basic for Business|
|MATH 0342 & MATH 1342||Elementary Statistical Methods||MATH 0332P Intro to Algebra|
|MATH 0314 & MATH 1314||College Algebra||MATH 0342P Basic for Statistics|
|MATH 0314P Intermediate Algebra|