International Student Services
International/Intercultural Services supports retention initiatives by participating, creating and sponsoring programs and events that promote cultural awareness on campus. Our programs offer international students information on topics such as student organizations, campus safety, drinking and driving and having proper documentation when traveling outside the United States. The purpose of the programs is to educate international students about the American Culture and the HCC community as a whole on cultural differences.
Social engagement activities offer international students experiences outside the classroom which gives them an opportunity to apply what they have learned. An awareness and understanding among different cultures is also provided. The information provided during these programs and events creates a safe academic and socio-cultural environment for international students while studying in the US.
Events, Programs and Seminars
• February/September, F-1 Workshops
• February, Dating in America
• March, Drinking and Driving
• March, Religions of The World
• April, Campus Safety
• April, Cross Cultural Workshop
• May, End of Semester Cultural Gathering
• September, International Day of Peace
• October, United Nations Day
• October, Domestic Violence
• November, International Thanksgiving Celebration
• November, International Education Week
• December, International Holiday Celebration
International Talk is a bi-weekly event (during the Fall and Spring semesters) offered to international students. It is an informal setting where students can stop by to ask questions or express their concerns about life on campus. Students who are having difficulties are referred to the appropriate department on campus to obtain services needed. It is also an opportunity to become familiar with the international staff at Central and to learn about student activities and programs during the semester.
Location: LHSB Room 117. From 10:00am-12:00noon
For additional information, please click here.