No entrance-testing required for these programs at Central
Dec 19, 2014
Don’t let fear or a discouraging score of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) test thwart your career dreams and ambitions. These Workforce offerings can get you on the road to work readiness, employability and financial success:
From the Lifestyle Arts and Design Careers Division:
- Fashion Image Consultant (Certificate program) – Students develop awareness of personal style while preparing to advise clients on color, line, design, silhouette and total-wardrobe planning. All the courses in this certificate apply to the A.A.S. in Fashion Merchandising degree.
- Digital Design (Certificate) - Prepares students for entry-level work in ladies clothing alterations, custom dressmaking and designer-sample sewing. All courses in this certificate apply to the A.A.S. in Fashion Design degree.
- Baking and Pastry (Certificate) - Emphasis is placed on the use and care of commercial equipment used in food preparation, sanitation in food handling, cooking and baking methods, preparation of special dishes, food standards, aspects of nutrition, and gourmet cooking.
For more information on Lifestyle Arts and Design Careers, please call 713.718.6152
From the Business, Financial & Legal Studies Division:
- General Office Administration Specialization
- Microsoft Office Technology Specialization
- Legal Office Assistant Specialization
- Business Management
- Business Management – Entrepreneurship
- Law Office Clerk (Certificate)
- Legal Assistant (Certificate)
For more information on Business, Financial & Legal Studies, please call 713.718.6426
From the Architecture, Construction & Manufacturing Division
- Basic Welding Helper
- Construction Helper
- Electrical Helper
These programs prepare students for entry-level employment in welding, construction and industrial or residential electricity.
For more information on Architecture, Construction & Manufacturing , please call 713.718.6898